SWIMMERS CODE OF CONDUCT
I understand that it is an honor and a privilege to represent my swim team. Therefore, I agree at all times to conduct myself appropriately and honorably and to conform to the following Code of Conduct, while representing the team. *I agree to conduct myself in an exemplary manner. *I recognize that the reputation of the team is affected by my conduct and behavior. In order to facilitate a pleasant and safe experience for all participants, to foster team unity and spirit, and to enhance the reputation of the team, I will do the following:
- Conform to all rules, regulations and procedures announced by the coaches and team rep.
- Offer congratulations to my opponents, win or lose, and cheer on my teammates.
- Act and conduct myself with dignity and with respect for others and the property of others.
- Dress in team uniforms during competition.
- Be humble in victory and courageous in defeat.
- Always teach and practice good sportsmanship.
- Promote positive high team spirit and morals.
- Compete/participate in ALL of my events to the best of my ability.
- Put forth maximum effort at practices and set a positive example for my fellow teammates.
- Honor the rules set by the coaching staff at meets and practices.
- Be on time for practices, meet warm-ups and other designated team functions.
- Stay with the team during meets (for the entire meet) and not bring friends, relatives, girlfriends, or boyfriends into the team area.
I further acknowledge that the following conduct is unacceptable and will not be tolerated:
- Possession or use of alcoholic beverages, chemical or illegal drugs.
- Causing or threatening to cause physical harm to anyone.
- Inappropriate or unsupervised activities between group members.
I understand that violating any of these rules may result in immediate disciplinary action, including but not limited to, the following:
- Removal from practice
- Removal from competition
- Suspension from the team
- Dismissal from the team
I understand that the judgment of the coaching staff and the team rep will prevail in any disciplinary action that arises. I pledge to abide by the swim team Code of Conduct.